Documentation is outdated? (SPT-554)

[Old posts from the commercial version of ArrayFire] Issues and comments for download and installation. Getting up and running.

Moderators: melonakos, pavanky

Documentation is outdated? (SPT-554)

Postby xiongtx » Fri May 04, 2012 1:12 pm

I think ArrayFire has great potential for helping me in my project, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the documentation. Not only is it very sparse in general, but many of the examples just plain don't work. For example, in the latest version of ArrayFire, the example given in the quick reference

Code: Select all
 float hA[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5};
    array A(hA, 2, 3); // 2x3 matrix of single-precision
    print(A);
    // A = | 0 2 4 |
    //     | 1 3 5 |

doesn't compile. array initialization seems to have changed to array A(2, 3, hA), but there was never mentioned anywhere. The print function does not work either; on VS2010, I get an "Access violation reading location" error. What's more, there's no print function in the af or array namespaces.

Can someone suggest a better source of information? I've already gone over the example files.
xiongtx

Re: Documentation is outdated? (SPT-554)

Postby malcolm » Mon May 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Hi xiongtx,
Yes there were several glaring errors in the sample code on our website. Over the weekend, we rolled out ArrayFire v1.1 with support for CUDA 4.1 and updated and verified the new documentation. We've fixed this and many other typos. Very sorry for the frustration this caused, we're working hard make improvements to ArrayFire's documentation each week.

We've had several users report this failure with VS2010 and the print() function, and it's been assigned support ticket SPT-554. We'll update here when we have a fix.
James Malcolm (malcolm@accelereyes.com)
malcolm

Re: Documentation is outdated? (SPT-554)

Postby pavanky » Tue May 15, 2012 5:44 pm

You can download the fixed version of arrayfire from here: http://www.accelereyes.com/special/Arra ... 44abd0.zip
Pavan Yalamanchili,
ArrayFire
--
~ If it is not broken, you have not tried hard enough ~
pavanky
Site Admin

Return to [archive-commercial] Download & Installation