entry point for cuCtxGetCurrent not found

[Old posts from the commercial version of ArrayFire] Issues and comments for download and installation. Getting up and running.

Moderators: melonakos, pavanky

entry point for cuCtxGetCurrent not found

Postby mdale9 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:46 am

Hi,

I've just downloaded & installed Arrayfire and cuda toolkit 4.0 and tried to build some of the examples using VC++ express and it compiles and links ok but when it run I am getting a message box telling me that "The procedure entry point cuCtxGetCurrent could not be located in the dynamic link library nvcuda.dll"
Any thoughts as to what might be the problem? I have a Dell Precision M6500 laptop with a Quadro FX 2800M

Thanks,
M
mdale9

Re: entry point for cuCtxGetCurrent not found

Postby malcolm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi mdale9,
The error you're getting seems to indicate you need to upgrade your driver. Is it possible that you're using our nightly builds but using a CUDA 4.0 driver?

Our official ArrayFire 1.0 is built against CUDA 4.0 but our nightly builds require CUDA 4.1 drivers (and toolkit for building ArrayFire projects).

We're in the process of transitioning to ArrayFire 1.1 and CUDA 4.1, so you might have caught us midstream. Sorry about that, and thanks for your patience.
James
James Malcolm (malcolm@accelereyes.com)
malcolm

Postby mdale9 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:34 am

I definitely installed Arrayfire 1.0 (ArrayFire-1.0-CUDA-win.zip) and I went to the nvidia archives for the older cuda toolkit (cudatoolkit_4.0.17_win_32.msi)

I used dependency walker to look at nvcuda.dll and that function was not exposed so there is definitely something mis-aligned somewhere.

I will try uninstalling cuda 4.0, replace it with 4.1 and grab a copy of the nightly build for arrayfire and see how that goes.

Thanks,
Martin
mdale9

Postby mdale9 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:36 am

Ok, found the problem, assumed that the cuda toolkit would also update the graphics driver but clearly not. Now running latest drivers and have come up against a different error :( which seems to be related to connecting to the accelereyes remote licence server.

"src/gena/gi_core.cpp:36: error: src/license.cpp:370: unable to connect to network"

We have a proxy server here which I'm guessing could be the problem since I can't find anywhere to input the server info - any thoughts :?:
mdale9

Postby malcolm » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi Martin,
The simplest (temporary) option may be to start an ArrayFire Pro trial which will give you a license file you can use offline.

ArrayFire Free uses ports 27000 and 29001 to communicate with "www.accelereyes.com". Be sure to check that Getting Started / Licensing section in the documentation associated with whichever version you downloaded because this will soon change with ArrayFire 1.1 and some of the nightly builds. Is it now possible to configure your proxy knowing that?

James
James Malcolm (malcolm@accelereyes.com)
malcolm

Return to [archive-commercial] Download & Installation