src/license.cpp:281

[Old posts from the commercial version of ArrayFire] Issues and comments for download and installation. Getting up and running.

Moderators: melonakos, pavanky

src/license.cpp:281

Postby Algalon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:23 am

All of a sudden I got this error after downloading a nightly build a while back. At first I thought it was MatLAB itself but according to them MatLAB has no src/ errors. Is there a reason for getting this error after installing a nightly/how do I fix this?

Thanks,

Algalon

>> WarmUP
??? Error using ==> gpu_entry
src/license.cpp:281: host ID (MAC address) does not match license file

Error in ==> WarmUP at 11
O=gzeros(1000);

>>
Algalon

Re: src/license.cpp:281

Postby Algalon » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:54 am

Bumping this.
I've tried reinstalling without success.

Please help,

thanks,

Alg.
Algalon

Postby gallagher.pryor » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 am

Most likely what is occurring is that your license was generated using the wrong mac address. If in linux, make sure to give the mac address of the first interface listed by ifconfig. If in windows, make sure to give the first mac address given by ipconfig /all.
gallagher.pryor

Postby malcolm » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 am

Hi Christopher-
This is definitely a Jacket generated error in the licensing setup. Did you run into this error on a trial license or a paid license? Is this a "Designated Computer License" or a "Concurrent Network License"?

Looking at our code, this error seems to only affect paid licenses, but I couldn't find a license associated with your particular email address. Trial licenses don't specify any host ID so shouldn't hit this error.

Double check that you pulled down the correct license file for that particular machine.

You can print the network card's MAC address that Jacket sees and compare that to what you have in your jlicense.dat file. From inside Jacket, you can run GETMAC. That's the "HOSTID" we use in the license file.
Code: Select all
>> getmac
ans =
406346C13349;
James Malcolm (malcolm@accelereyes.com)
malcolm

Postby mjacobson » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm having the same problem under Windows 7. It's a "Purchased Designated Computer License (Single Computer)".

I'm wondering if it's the license management page that is issuing the license file incorrectly?

On the license management page in the HostID field, the alphanumeric MAC address that I enter gets converted to a string of numbers 001122334455 all the time.
Not only does this number look very artificial, but even when I change the MAC address and resubmit, the same string of numbers is generated. I'm assuming the host ID number is supposed to be unique and should always vary with the MAC address?
mjacobson

Postby krunalp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi mjacobson,
thanks for purchasing Jacket! I'm sorry to hear that you are having some difficulty with the license. I've checked the license management page myself, and I don't see the behaviour you're experiencing. If for whatever reason you are getting 001122334455 all the time, then yes, the license file will be bogus and you will experience the problem outlined in this issue.

My next attempt would be to manually sign into your account and try generating the license myself. If you can send me your mac address, I can try to do this for you.
Krunal Patel
Algorithms Engineer
AccelerEyes LLC
krunalp

Postby mjacobson » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:17 pm

Not to worry, Krunal. Somehow, whatever was wrong with the license manager, it got fixed, and I was eventually able to generate a proper license file.

Thanks,

Matt
mjacobson

Return to [archive-commercial] Download & Installation