Unresolved external symbols ArrayFire Free + VS2012 + CUDA 5

[Old posts from the commercial version of ArrayFire] Issues and comments for download and installation. Getting up and running.

Moderators: melonakos, pavanky

Unresolved external symbols ArrayFire Free + VS2012 + CUDA 5

Postby fredvin27 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:03 am

I just download ArrayFire and installed it and ready to use it on Visual Studio.
When trying to compile my application I received the unresolved external symbol which means the linker can't find the libraries needed.
I am sure I add to the Additional Include Directories the following $(AF_PATH)\include and to Additional Library Directories the following $(AF_PATH)\lib64; $(AF_PATH)\examples\bin_x64 so I don't know what am I missing so to be able to compile my code.

Any suggestions?
fredvin27

Re: Unresolved external symbols ArrayFire Free + VS2012 + CU

Postby umar456 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Have you included libaf.lib and libafGFX.lib to "Configuration Properties" -> "Linker" -> "Input" -> "Additional Dependencies".

Also make sure that you are compiling to x64 and not the x86 platform. This can be done by changing the platform (in which case you will possibly have to set the Include files and linker dependencies again) or by going to "Configuration Properties" -> "Linker" -> "Advanced" -> "Target Machine".

If this doesn't work please post the error messages you are seeing.

-Umar
umar456

Re: Unresolved external symbols ArrayFire Free + VS2012 + CU

Postby fredvin27 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:05 am

Thanks umar I was missing adding the libraries to the linker, now it works.
fredvin27

Return to [archive-commercial] Download & Installation