License uninstall/move

[Old posts from the commercial version of ArrayFire] Issues and comments for download and installation. Getting up and running.

Moderators: melonakos, pavanky

License uninstall/move

Postby jpers1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:58 am

I bought 1 "Purchased Designated Computer License (Single Computer)"
for use on Windows (Vista x64, Matlab x64)

Before I install the license, I would like to know the following:

1) Can the license be uninstalled/deactivated and moved to other computer (maybe I will change the computer in the next years, or, it is very likely that I will). Or is the installation one way street (very expensive one if one needs to buy new license if one changes the hardware).

2) What happens if my motherboard or network card dies (AFAIK the license is tied to the MAC address of the network interface)?

3) Can i install the license on multiple matlab installations on the same workstation (I have 2010b and 2011a, for compatibility and testing reasons, I would like to use Jacket under both, if possible?
jpers1

Re: License uninstall/move

Postby krunalp » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi,
firstly, welcome to the Jacket family, we're glad to have you on board! Here are the answers to your questions:

1) A Designated Computer License is node-locked to a Host ID (which is a network card's MAC id). It allows unlimited use but 1 machine. If you change machine and/or network card, you just have to follow these instructions. Hence the installation is not a one way street.

2) Again, changing network cards just requires reactivation.

3) Yes you can use multiple Matlab installs on the same machine. Jacket is not dependent on the number of installs of Matlab you have i.e. just ensure that you addpath to the correct location of Jacket.
Krunal Patel
Algorithms Engineer
AccelerEyes LLC
krunalp

Return to [archive-commercial] Download & Installation