Error compiling own project with arrayfire

[Old posts from the commercial version of ArrayFire] Issues and comments for download and installation. Getting up and running.

Moderators: melonakos, pavanky

Error compiling own project with arrayfire

Postby Voldymyr » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:30 am

Hi,
I managed to install arrayfire and compile all examples in installation directory and outside installation directory. So everything seems to work fine. I use ubuntu based linux.
But, when I try to compile my own project that has arrayfire, I get error that looks like this:

# make
cc -m64 -Wall -Werror -I/myname/Desktop/ArrayFire/arrayfire/include -I/usr/local/cuda/include -O2 -DNDEBUG -m64 -Wall -Werror -I/myname/Desktop/ArrayFire/arrayfire/include -I/usr/local/cuda/include -O2 -DNDEBUG -lrt -Wl,--no-as-needed -L/myname/Desktop/ArrayFire/arrayfire/lib64 -laf -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -lcuda -lcudart -lcurand -lcusparse -lpthread -lstdc++ -lm -Wl,-rpath,/myname/Desktop/ArrayFire/arrayfire/lib64,-rpath,/myname/Desktop/ArrayFire/arrayfire/lib64,-rpath,/usr/local/cuda/lib64 benchmark.c -o benchmark
In file included from /myname/Desktop/ArrayFire/arrayfire/include/arrayfire.h:139:0,
from benchmark.c:4:
/myname/Desktop/ArrayFire/arrayfire/include/af/array.h:9:1: error: unknown type name ânamespaceâ
/myname/Desktop/ArrayFire/arrayfire/include/af/array.h:9:14: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â before â{â token In file included from /myname/Desktop/ArrayFire/arrayfire/include/af/array.h:18:0,
from /myname/Desktop/ArrayFire/arrayfire/include/arrayfire.h:139,
from benchmark.c:4:
/myname/Desktop/ArrayFire/arrayfire/include/af/dims.h:11:20: fatal error: iostream: No such file or directory compilation terminated.
make: *** [benchmark] Error 1

I use Makefile from arrayfire/examples/helloworld.
My code compiles and runs properly without arrayfire. But when I include arrayfire.h, i get the above error.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Voldymyr

Re: Error compiling own project with arrayfire

Postby vishy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Voldymyr,

I believe we covered this issue when you made the support request. Do let us know by the same email thread if you managed to resolve those issues.
--------------------------------------------------
Vish Venugopalakrishnan
Software Engineer (Q/A)
AccelerEyes LLC
vishy.v@accelereyes.com

--------------------------------------------------
Resources:
Getting Started, FAQ, Tips, Syntax
vishy

Return to [archive-commercial] Download & Installation