Trial license problem on Debian Squeeze amd64

[Old posts from the commercial version of ArrayFire] Issues and comments for download and installation. Getting up and running.

Moderators: melonakos, pavanky

Trial license problem on Debian Squeeze amd64

Postby cresnik@ee.ethz.ch » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:34 am

Hi guys

I followed the installation instructions to install Jacket and read the posts in this forum but I can't get Jacket to acknowledge the trial license I downloaded on the installation Jacket-linux-1.8.1-20110822.run which gave me the errors that user bhorine in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2513 described.

I then downloaded the nightly build Jacket-linux-nightly-d40d65d.run which fixed some errors but results in others now.
At the moment, Matlab 7.11r2010b returns:

>> addpath /scratch/jacket/engine
>> gactivate
Welcome to Jacket: The GPU Engine for MATLAB!

Verifying Installation ....

Is Jacket gpu_entry.mex file found? .... OK
Is the driver version correct? .... OK
Is jlicense.dat license file found? .... OK

Testing Jacket license and runtime ....

JACKET FAILED TO ACTIVATE PROPERLY.

??? Error using ==> gpu_entry
src/license.cpp:285: failed to license feature 0 (error -97: The desired vendor
daemon is down. (-97,121))

Error in ==> /scratch/jacket/engine/gactivate.p>gactivate at 114

I get the impression that the exported LM_LICENSE_PATH as described in http://wiki.accelereyes.com/wiki/index. ... Activation are overwritten by other software in networking environment that use a flex net license server.
I was thus wondering whether it wouldn't be better to implement a less generic variable to fix this issue...

e.g.
LM_LICENSE_FILE --> LM_JACKET_LICENSE_FILE
LM_LICENSE_PATH --> LM_JACKET_LICENSE_PATH

That being sad, if anyone can give me any hint on how to solve this, I'd be very glad.

Thanks
Chris

P.S.: Whoever runs the forum: It would be very nice if signing up on accelereyes.com for the trial license download would automatically generate a user account in the forum OR that the password requirements for the website and forum would at least be the same.... :-(
cresnik@ee.ethz.ch

Re: Trial license problem on Debian Squeeze amd64

Postby krunalp » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi Chris,
thanks for trying out Jacket. You do not need to run gactivate for trials:

Manual activation of any TRIAL license requires the following steps:
Generate & Download the License File - Generate a jlicense.dat file on the Manage Licenses page (no Host ID required).
Put License in Engine - Copy this license file to the <jacket_root>/engine/ directory and run GACTIVATE to confirm Jacket is activated.

If you have other flex licenses running in your environment, please try placing jlicense.dat file in the engine directory as noted above.

Combining the user logins for our various sites is an action item we will be taking in the near future.
Krunal Patel
Algorithms Engineer
AccelerEyes LLC
krunalp

Re: Trial license problem on Debian Squeeze amd64

Postby vishy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Chris,

I just wanted to add that the suggestion you made sounds great - I added a case for this in our issue tracker to help us track progress. The ID is JKT-2952 for your reference, and we will update this thread with more details as they become available.
Thanks again.
--------------------------------------------------
Vish Venugopalakrishnan
Software Engineer (Q/A)
AccelerEyes LLC
vishy.v@accelereyes.com

--------------------------------------------------
Resources:
Getting Started, FAQ, Tips, Syntax
vishy

[SOLVED] Re: Trial license problem on Debian Squeeze amd64

Postby cresnik@ee.ethz.ch » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:18 am

Hi Krunal

Thank your for the quick reply. All the descriptions on the wikipages sounded like running gactivate is pre-requisite to using Jacket. I tried running the examples in the wiki and they work so I'm a happy camper atm.

VIsh, looking forward to seeing the variables being implemented. Very nice to be able to make a change!

Thanks,
Chris
cresnik@ee.ethz.ch

Return to [archive-commercial] Download & Installation