libjacket license or library issue?

[Old posts from the commercial version of ArrayFire] Issues and comments for download and installation. Getting up and running.

Moderators: melonakos, pavanky

libjacket license or library issue?

Postby leafeaterx » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi,

I have installed libjacket 1.1, with CUDA driver 4.0.31, SDK 4.0.17, toolkit, 4.0.17, on Mac OS 10.7.1 using a Macbook Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93 GHz, 8GB RAM) with an Nvidia 9400M GT 256MB RAM graphics card.
I made sure to set the environment properly as well.

I have successfully installed CUDA, and gone through all the installation, and verifications such as checking for the appropriate files in the corresponding directories,
and running tests such as "deviceQuery" etc. Thus, I know that CUDA is working fine. Once I had that down pat. I obtained a 15-day trial license of the libjacket as
I do very computational intensive numerical simulations for research and am looking for something to speed things up. I correctly placed the license, "libjacket.lic" in
my home folder as defined by "gactivate" "users/username" However, even when the license file is in the home folder, and I execute "./gactivate" it on lists:
----
The available Host IDs on this machine are:

Host ID 0 = 0023DF9B9F42
Host ID 1 = 00236C96A9FD

Please visit www.accelereyes.com to obtain a license. Once you have a license, the
file should be named ".libjacket.lic" and placed into the /Users/username directory.

----
Further, I have placed the libjacket folder in my home directory.

The problem arises when I go to the folder "libjacket/examples/misc"
There I do the test "make hello_world"
This compiles perfectly fine, however when I execute the compiled code (./hello_world), I get the following output in the terminal (note I substituted my username for "username"):

./hello_world
----
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libkpp.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/username/libjacket/lib/libjacketGFX.dylib
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
---
Edit: I should add, that off all the examples, there is one that does compile AND run: blackscholes perfectly fine to completion.

Is there anyone who can please explain to me what I'm not doing correctly? Is there a step I've missed. The thing I find a bit odd, is that there doesn't seem to be any compiling with
the jacket. It seems like it's just downloading and placing the license in the home folder and having CUDA installed correctly. I haven't been able to find any steps that state that there
are files in the libjacket directory that need to be compiled with a "make" command or that I need to set the environment to point to this library with an "export..." command in the terminal.

I apologize, the CUDA installation was very well explicitly layed out, whereas the jacket installation seems a bit more implicit. Given I have only 14 days now, I'd love to give this a whirl and see
what kind of enhancement I can get before deciding to spend $350 (academic). Also, if I've left out any information, please let me know.

Thank you very much.
leafeaterx at me.com
leafeaterx

Re: libjacket license or library issue?

Postby malcolm » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi leafeaterx,
Sorry for the hiccup here. This is a bug we've fixed for the (unreleased) v1.2, but the current main v1.1 doesn't have the fix yet.

Two options:
1) Grab the full nightly libjacket build (http://accelereyes.com/nightly) which is a pre-release of the upcoming v1.2 and use your existing trial license.
2) Grab just libkpp.dylib (http://accelereyes.com/nightly/libkpp-macos.zip), unzip, and put it in the lib/ directory of your current v1.1 install

I'd recommend the first option if you have the time: the pre-release contains about 30% more functions, many performance improvements, and bug fixes.

Sorry for the hassle you encountered here. Let us know if we can reset your trial period or help in any way.
Jimi
James Malcolm (malcolm@accelereyes.com)
malcolm

Postby leafeaterx » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:50 pm

Thank you for your response.

I've downloaded the nightly release, and now the examples are compiling and running perfectly (i.e. option 1).

If it's possible to reset the trial period, I'd be most appreciative; otherwise I'll make do. Who should I contact regarding that? Thank you again

leafeaterx at me.com
leafeaterx

Postby gallagher.pryor » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:51 pm

I believe you can get an extension on the trial period by emailing sales@accelereyes.com
gallagher.pryor

Postby leafeaterx » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:18 am

gallagher.pryor wrote:I believe you can get an extension on the trial period by emailing sales@accelereyes.com

Thank you for your response, a member of the sales team has in fact extended me.

-leafeaterx
leafeaterx at me.com
leafeaterx

Return to [archive-commercial] Download & Installation