Graphics Card(s) question/problem

[Old posts from the commercial version of ArrayFire] Issues and comments for download and installation. Getting up and running.

Moderators: melonakos, pavanky

Graphics Card(s) question/problem

Postby Algalon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi, I am currently a student involved in research with a professor at my college. We currently have 1 system built and running that we started tests on and we are now looking to build a second system but with 2 graphics cards in parallel, rather than a single card. I have a few questions on this. We do not want to go with 2 Tesla C2070 due to the pricing of them. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what would give an above average performance for, at most, the price of 1 Tesla C2070.

My professor also raised the question of the possibility of using 1 above average GPU graphics card for computational purposes and then using a mid-range rated graphics card for running the screen/visualization. Is this a possible arrangement when using Jacket?

I currently have 1 system running the following:
Motherboard: EVGA X58 FTW3
Processor: i7 980x
RAM: 24 Gb DDR3
Power Supply: Corsair TX850W
Graphics Card: Tesla C2070
Case: Thermaltake Speedo
HD Space: 2x 1Tb Raid 0
On this system I currently have MATLAB 7.11.0.584 64bit, Mathematica 7.10.0 64bit, Jacket 1.7.1 and the latest CUDA Toolkit.
All works fine so far.

Thanks for any and all help. If I'm not clear somewhere I'll do my best to clear it up.

~Algalon
Algalon

Return to [archive-commercial] Download & Installation