Problem with openCL installation

[Old posts from the commercial version of ArrayFire] Issues and comments for download and installation. Getting up and running.

Moderators: melonakos, pavanky

Problem with openCL installation

Postby alexeig » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:44 am

Dear Support,

I have downloaded 64 bit Windows openCL version of Jacket in zip file, created directory c:\Program Files\AccelerEyes\engine, put there everything from \engine directory of downloaded zip file, generated the trial license and put it into \engine directory, added path c:\Program Files\AccelerEyes\engine to Matlab path
Attempt to run ginfo results in the following error

Invalid MEX-file 'C:\Program Files\AccelerEyes\Jacket\engine\devices.mexw64': The specified module could not be found.

Error in C:\Program Files\AccelerEyes\Jacket\engine\ginfo.p>ginfo (line 1)

the file devices.mexw64 is present in the directory c:\Program Files\AccelerEyes\engine
I run 2012b 64 bit version of Matlab

Please help me to solve this problem

Sincerely

alexeig
alexeig

Re: Problem with openCL installation

Postby vishy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:18 pm

This question was dealt with over email. To help other customers, here's the summary of the solution:
For future reference, Dependency Walker is a good tool to help you narrow down these issues yourself. When you look at the output, you see a bunch of things missing:
OPENCL.DLL
MSVCR90.DLL
To fix this, please do the following:

Install the OpenCL driver. Then run Dependency Walker again and verify that the OpenCL DLL goes away from the list.
Next, install the 2008 Visual C++ Redistributable (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=15336) or the 2008 Visual C++ Redistributable SP1 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=2092). Now verify that MSVCR90.DLL goes away from the Dependency Walker list.
--------------------------------------------------
Vish Venugopalakrishnan
Software Engineer (Q/A)
AccelerEyes LLC
vishy.v@accelereyes.com

--------------------------------------------------
Resources:
Getting Started, FAQ, Tips, Syntax
vishy

Return to [archive-commercial] Download & Installation