Linear algebra on Jetson TK1

[Old posts from the commercial version of ArrayFire] Discussion of ArrayFire using CUDA or OpenCL.

Moderator: pavanky

Linear algebra on Jetson TK1

Postby c0g » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:09 pm

I am using a Jetson TK1 with the free license.
Does this include any linear algebra headers (even if I get told I can't use them?). Trying to compile examples/getting_started results in:

Code: Select all
lin_algebra.cpp:(.text.startup+0x7a): undefined reference to `af::lu(af::array const&)'
lin_algebra.cpp:(.text.startup+0x94): undefined reference to `af::lu(af::array&, af::array&, af::array&, af::array const&)'
lin_algebra.cpp:(.text.startup+0x150): undefined reference to `af::solve(af::array const&, af::array const&, af::af_solve_t)'
lin_algebra.cpp:(.text.startup+0x26a): undefined reference to `af::eigen(af::array const&, bool)'
lin_algebra.cpp:(.text.startup+0x288): undefined reference to `af::eigen(af::array&, af::array&, af::array const&)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [lin_algebra_cuda] Error 1
c0g

Re: Linear algebra on Jetson TK1

Postby shehzan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi

Linear Algebra is not supported on Tegra K1 build. This is because we link with CULA which has not been released for Tegra K1.

Note: If you want the make command to work for all files in that folder, you can remove/rename the lin_algebra.cpp file to lin_algebra.xpp.
----
Shehzan
Developer
AccelerEyes
shehzan

Postby c0g » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Aha this makes sense. This answers a question I posted on the CULA forum too - no you cannot run CULA on TK1. Any idea if they plan to support it?

Aside from that, what I really need is the cholesky decomposition. I'm downloading, compiling and testing (and writing my own examples of) various algorithms to see which is the best but this is obviously a bit time consuming. Any ArrayFire advice on an open source lib I can use to get my chol on?
c0g

Postby shehzan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:34 pm

We have not heard from CULA on this issue and unfortunately cannot comment on their behalf.

About cholesky, I'm am not aware of any libraries supporting this on Tegra.
----
Shehzan
Developer
AccelerEyes
shehzan

Return to [archive-commercial] Programming & Development with ArrayFire